Friday, February 6, 2009

Dr Wilson

The day has finally arrived. On Wednesday, I had my oral defense of my dissertation. Thus, the reason that I have not blogged for over a month. Just too much to accomplish in a few short weeks.
The meeting went well. I was a bit worried as it snowed and the area schools were delayed until 10am. However, everyone made it to the proposal meeting and after 1 1/2 hours of questioning, my chair emerged from the room and announced me -- Dr. Wilson!

OH, HAPPY DAY!

(Sorry no pics -- Slade was in charge of the camera again -- I got to remember not to do that!)

6 comments:

Geoff and Karey said...

Thanks for your new blog address. Congratulations Dr. !!! Geoff does his oral for his proposal on the 20th of this month. I can't wait for it to be over, I sure Slade feels the same way.

Unknown said...

Wendy,

I am so proud of you. This one made me cry. I am so happy for you and your family. You have really accomplished a lot.

I love you all,
Aunt Margaret

The Agers said...

Hip Hip Hooray!!!! Congratulations. I know you are so relieved to have this chapter completed in your lives. We are very proud of you! Julie, Brian and the girls

Troy and Rachel said...

Wow!!! Congratulations! Thanks for sticking with blogging and for the new blog address!

Sharon said...

Congratulations Wendy!! Do we all have to address you as Dr. now? Welcome to blogger.

Becky and Keith said...

Congratulations!!! I know how excited you must be (and how relieved)! :-) Now it's time to take a deep breath and relax (Relax! Ha! With 2 kids?? :-)) Glad to see all is well!