Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snow Day!


The winter storm blew through our area yesterday. We got some nice powdery snow -- about 6". This is the type of winter weather that I can handle (forget the ice, yuck). Although I must admit that I am dreaming of green grass and 70 degree weather for March, our snow day was nonetheless fun. I slept in as long as the kids would allow which wasn't much later than normal, but we all ended up piled up in the bed for a bit. We all stayed in our jammies for quite a while after we decided to leave the bed. Then about mid-afternoon, me and the kids bundled up and headed for a nice incline at the neighbors house. I wonder what Nicolas thinks when he sees the snow. The first thing he said was "mess". The kids had a great time in the snow -- sledding down the hill and having snowball fights. Then another neighbor brought a snow tube out -- that was a blast. For next year, I really need to invest in snow suits, boots and waterproof gloves for the kids. We made due, but it was sure cold! I had to end the fun because my shoes were not built for the snow and not being a kid, I had all the cold and wet I could take for one day. When we came in for lunch, we warmed up with campbell's soup. It reminded me of the snowman commercial. I think we all felt like that snowman melting off the cold.





3 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

It looks like the kids had a blast sledding!!! I am dreaming of warm weather too, but like you I can handle soft snow, but not ice!

Roger and Joanne said...

What a fun, unexpected day! Campbells soup--too funny!

It was 85 degrees here yesterday. So odd.

Carey and Norman said...

We barely missed the snow (we got 1/2 inch). We haven't had the opportunity to sled this year :o( Now I'm ready for spring, so bring on the warmer temps and sunshine.

Loved the photos the the kiddos!