Sunday, September 28, 2008

Thursday has come and past and guess what -- another trip to the doctor. Honestly, I am going to schedule a standing appointment at the doctor's office for Nicolas. This time, he had a reaction to the antibiotics and ended up with a yeast infection. I knew that girls/women experienced this, but had no idea that boys might too. So, the doctor gave us yet another prescription and off we went. Nicolas is doing much better and I even think his ears/lungs are clearing up, but that will take another doctor's appointment to be for sure.


I never imagined how stressful our daily schedule could be with two children. On Thursday, Slade took Nicolas to the doctor because I had a 4-7 class. Tori also had ballet at 4:15 on Thursday. Nicolas had to get to his doctor's appointment and Tori wanted to go to the school for book night at 6:30. Is it really possible to get all of this done in a day? Obviously, my husband has skills that I never knew about because when I came in at 7:40, dinner was made, the kids had eaten, they both had taken their baths AND all of the above appointments/activities had been met! That is SuperDAD of the year worthy if you ask me -- oh, and now that I know about these super hero powers, I think he will have to use them more often.


Of course, I must also give a some credit here to the Nelson's (our neighbors). Tori has been walking home from school with Michael and David every day and staying with them until Dad gets home. And, they actually get the credit for getting Tori to book night at the school on Thursday. She has even gone to football games with them as Slade and I do our best to balance our schedules. Which comes to the fact that they are truly becoming the three musketeers. It won't be long before people start thinking that Beth has triplets!


So this week, they take a trip to Pet's Mart to pick up some dog food. Beth let's them pick out a special treat for the dogs, and each of them chooses and doggie treat. Tori picked out one that looked like a chocolate chip cookie (no surprises there). So all the kids were clear - these treats were for the dogs. That is until they are half way to the car and Tori has eaten half of the dog treat! Don't worry -- it wasn't harmful and a trip to the emergency room did not follow. I just had to laugh -- my daughter is so chocolate crazy that she is eating dog treats now!

No comments: